Latest Instagrams
27 January 2016

Review - Lush Mask Of Magnaminty



Hello Lovelies,
I have a little lush review for you today. I have been trying out face masks for years now as I have always battled with the condition of my skin. I have very oily skin with dry patches, hyper- pigmentation and acne scaring. Not to mention the constant breakouts.



I think I found THE ONE.

After trying out so many drugstore and high end masks which did nothing at all to help my skin I decided to venture in to Lush. I love Lush products as they never fail to amaze although they do sell a few naff ones, as do all brands but the idea of a natural, cruelty free mask already made my skin feel better without even trying it. I asked the lovely shop assistant if she had any recommendations on products I could try to help with my skin, masks in particular. She suggested a couple but the look and smell of Mask Of Magnaminty sold it to me. As with all Lush products you could see each individual ingredient in the product, it looked thick and creamy, which is what I wanted. I didn't even bother testing it in store as I wanted to try it out at home.
See bottom for my verdict:




           Positives 
  • Thick and creamy 
  • Smells amazing (minty) 
  • Brightening 
  • Fights against spots 
  • Natural & Cruelty free 
  • Grains in the mask exfoliate 
  • A little goes a long way

    Negatives
  • Starts to dry/crumble before finishing application 
  • Falls off the face 
  • To drying for an everyday mask 
  • The product is less workable the longer you have it (buy smaller size to avoid this)

    Verdict 

    After a month of trying out this mask I can without a doubt say it is the best I have tried to combat my spots and oily skin. You can feel a slight tingling/cooling sensation when it is first applied before it dries hard. Although it does begin to crumble and fall off the face in some places. To wash it off I have been using either a muslin cloth or just my hands with some warm water. I found the grains in the mask work as an exfoliator so your skin is left super soft without any oil in sight! The mask is very drying so it is not ideal for an everyday mask, although, if my breakouts are vicious I will go ahead and use it on a day to day basis as it dries the spots up and speeds up the healing process. I did find that the longer I had the product the less workable it was, so I would suggest buying the smaller size, so you can then buy a fresh one.

    I am super happy with this mask, possibly considered as a holy-grail product in my books, well done Lush! (I love you). I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you have tried this mask or if you any suggestions of ones you would like for me to try out.

    P.S: I am in the process of playing around with my blog layout and theme - let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. My skin sounds exactly like yours so I think I'm going to have pick this up for myself to give it a try.

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have honestly spent so long searching for a face mask which suits my skin. Let me know what you think, I'm thinking of trying out other lush face masks

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins