Latest Instagrams
4 March 2016

Speedy Skincare Routine




Hello lovelies,
I was asked by the wonderful Antoinette from www.awentworthsmith.com to create a post about my skincare routine. This was a while back so this post is long over due, looooong over due! Apologies!

As I am at uni I don't get no where near enough time to spend faffing about with my skin as I would like to have. So everything I do to my skin is intended to be super quick (but efficient at the same time).

I have super oily, acne prone skin with some dry patches and I found that all of these products help combat this while still keeping my skin soft, spot free and in no time at all. After a long day at uni I will come back to the flat and get in my comfy clothes and take off the bulk of my make up. To do this I will either use the Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil or the Camomile waterproof Makeup Remover, on a cotton pad. They are both oil based which breaks down the makeup without drying out the skin. I know putting an oil on oily skin is a scary thought but trust me, it works and doesn't amplify the issue (win win). This will just be my eye brows, eye make-up and lips for the time being.

After I have eaten I will then go in the shower which is where I continue with a full cleanse. I wanted a product which worked at taking off all of my make-up while leaving my skin feeling like it was cleansed. I was recommended the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, not only is it gentle enough to break down the sebum and spot causing bacteria without irritating my dry patches but it's active ingredients help prevent my spots. The muslin cloth I use to remove the product helps by gently exfoliating and removing every last drop of makeup. The smell of the cleanse and polish is gorgeous and its a super luxury for night time.

Every so often I will give my skin a little nudge in the right direction by using a face mask. I have recently been loving the Lush Mask of Magnanimity which I have previously reviewed. This helps in preventing and reducing my spots as well as working to exfoliate away any dry skin. I have tried my masks and this is the only one that suits me and does the job. So, finally I will inject moisture back into my skin by using the Body shop vitamin E range, which, I swear by. At the moment I have been loving the Moisture Cream and the Eyes cube. They are both so quick and easy to apply. A few dots of the cream soaks in beautifully and doesn't leave a sticky layer on my skin. The Eyes Cube is in a stick like formula so you just rub on your orbital bone and pat in. I've noticed the product has the tiniest specs of glitter which helps to immediately brighten the eye area. After that I will get into bed and let the products do their magic through the night.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think of the products if you have tried them yourselves, I would definitely love to hear what you have to say. As always if you have any post requests please do put them my way.


Latest pins