Latest Instagrams
8 July 2017

June Birchbox - My First Birchbox


Hello lovelies,

It has been a while, I feel like I say this every time but I'm sorry that I have once again been neglecting my blog. I don't know how or why because the matter of fact I love every thing about blogging. I have a lot to catch you up on, this past month has been a whirlwind but I feel like that calls for a post of it's very own. Now if you haven't already guessed by the blog title I finally got around to subscribing to Birchbox. I know, how exciting. Please be excited for me. The hype around subscription boxes is beyond exhausting, I see them everywhere online, you can get them for anything from as little as £6 a month. I put it off for so long but I finally caved in. Now I did my research, I knew I wanted to try a beauty box and I wanted to spend as least money as possible. I literally typed into google search ''best beauty subscription boxes'' and Birchbox came up tops.

The box works out as £10 a month plus a couple of extra pounds for shipping. You can either pay for several months in advance or you can pay monthly and cancel the subscription at any time, which is the option I have gone for. I know when researching I found blogger reviews and first impressions helpful to make my mind up about which box to go for so that is what I'm going to do here.


Every month you get 5 products in the box. You can tailor your online beauty profile to suit you, so the products you get match your skin, hair colour or even target an issue you struggle with such as acne. I really liked this feature. As this was my first box I also received a free gift, they claimed it was a full sized Ciate bronzer, now correct me if I am wrong but the Ciate product I received is tiny which I'm not going to lie is a little disappointing. Never the less the other products I got this month I am semi- pleased with. Now I'll tell you why, I'm not being ungrateful, all of the products are lovely, also products such as the brow pencil are a perfect match for me, courtesy of the online beauty profile. BUT when I compared my products from the selection of products they were advertising in this months box I feel like I was left short. Full sized beauty blenders, Eco-Tools brushes, Bobbi Brown products are just a few of more appealing things that were on the list. I did also say in my beauty profile I would rather receive beauty tools such as brushes, but I didn't get any. On facebook I saw many other dissapointed ladies as some people got better boxes then others, so I knew I wasn't the only one. As this is my first box I'm going to let it slide and see if next month is any better.



This month the products also came inside a lovely makeup bag, I had the choice between colours so I went for a lovely yellow and lilac colour. The quality of the makeup bag is lovely, perfect for travelling too, I am very impressed. I also really like the variety of products I got, makeup, hair and skincare. They are all mini's apart from a full sized brow pencil. I really like the fact it's given me the opportunity to try out new products that I would never normally try, and if I like them enough I can purchase the full sized product from the BirchBox website with a discount. In past boxes on my account I can easily access the products I received and review my boxes.


Cowshed Cow Pat Hand Cream £18.00
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo £20.00
Cynthia Rowley Brightening Illuminator £28.00
Scrub Love Original Lovin Scrub £11.95
Meech and Mia Browliner £12.99


I will try and give you an update next month about how I got on with the products I got this month. I overall really like the whole experience and the products I got, complaints set aside for a tenner you can't go wrong. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope it helped any of you thinking about subscribing  to Birchbox. I would say do it from a first impressions point of view and if you are unhappy with the products it's so easy to unsubscribe.

Please leave comment's I'd love to know what you thought.
P.S just a little add on note, I wrote this post at the beginning of June, It is now July, Ooops! I'm awful I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins