Latest Instagrams
22 August 2016

The Treat Kitchen/ Meadowhall launch evening


Hello lovelies,

Long time no blog. I was sent over some yummy looking chocolate & sweeties from The Treat Kitchen after being contacted by their marketing team in anticipation of their new store opening here in Sheffield at Meadowhall. They asked me to wet my taste buds, enlighten you all on their amazing confectionery and invite you along to their launch event. Of course I agreed as I knew it would satisfy my overly sweet tooth and hey!? free sweets (actual blogger goals).

I had a little smirk when I opened package as I've been on the ''healthy eating'' bandwagon the past few weeks but I told myself it was all for a good cause and technically I would only need to eat one of each. (I didn't expect to be sent so much, so thank you Treat Kitchen) Inside was;

Diddy Pear Drops from the Traditional Boiled Sweets Range
Coconut Mushrooms from the Sweet Shop Heros Range
Radioactive Sours
Boozy truffles: Whisky and Strawberry & Champagne

Unfortunately being a blogger I had to faff around getting the camera out and taking some silky shots of them before I could dig in. Just for the record I ended up having more than one of each so that was the healthy eating up the swanee. I loved the packaging that the sweets came in, being able to see the sweets brings back the feeling of being little and going into a traditional sweet shop and seeing all the glass jars full of sweeties lined up. Can I just point out the little zip lock each pouch of sweets has, how handy!. I mean, have you ever been naughty and had a cheeky bag of sweets in your bag which have just ended up going everywhere because of a ripped bag. Solved. It also keeps the sweets really fresh which is just an all round bonus.


I had to try the Pear Drops first, they looked so colourful which made them look tasty. Pear Drops are quite famous for being a traditional sweet so I have had them before. These ones were very fruity and sweet which is what I would expect from such a modest sweet. They remind me of ones I used to get from the corner shop when I was little. Each colour tasted the same except the white ones which where a lot more zingy and mouth watering. These are one of many sweets from the traditional range after doing my research I found all of their traditional sweets are made the old fashioned way in big copper boiling pans, hense why they remind me of being little. They also made the classics such as rhubarb & custards, kola cubes, rosy apples etc. I would rate them 8.5/10

Secondly I tried the Coconut Mushrooms, now, I'm not going to lie I hate coconut so it wasn't my cup of tea. So, I roped my mum in to have a try and give me her honest thoughts. She loved them and a few days later its safe to say she has finished the packet all by herself. She said the ones she used to get were a bit harder in texture and these were more chewy and melt in your mouthy. (her words) She rated them a 9/10.
The Treat Kitchen also sells favs such as fizzy bubblegum bottles, torpedoes, gobstoppers, ect.

Now for the exciting treats, the boozy chocolate truffles. Being a student I am partial to a little bit of booze, which combined with chocolate is right up my street. Firstly I tried the pink one which I assume was Strawberry & Champagne. Yep, you can taste the booze, it was creamy and melted in my mouth, the booze was quite over powering but you could taste the sweetness from the strawberry. I would give it a 8.5/10. Whisky Truffle, this truffle was lovely again melt in your mouth, it tasted ore luxurious then the boozy truffles you get at Christmas off your nan. It was more overpowering then the strawberry one, but very nice. I would rate it 8/10

It seems I saved the best till last and I wasn't expecting it at all. I thought yeah your bog standard ''blue'' sour sweeties, sour for a few seconds then nothing... I was wrong, so wrong. I chucked one Radioactive sours sweet in my mouth like a complete idiot, not gonna lie it wasn't pleasant. I have never, ever had a sour sweet as sour. Even if you just touch your tongue on the sweet its to much and I love sour sweets. The sourness just burns. I can't even stress how sour these are, have I said sour enough? I wouldn't really reach for these but I'm keeping them because they are perfect for playing a practical joke on someone. mwhaha! I acted cool and gave my dad one just to see his reaction. I thought the warning sign was just for show but it must be fore real, they are lethal. To rate them on their sheer sourness they would get a deffo 10/10.

I was quite happy with my selection of sweeties so I decided to do some further research about the brand to let you guys know more about them before the new store opens. I found that The Treat Kitchen is a family run confectionery store and supplies over 300 different varieties of yummy traditionally made treats to its stores. The first of which opened in Nottingham in 2014, then Leicester, derby and now SHEFFIELD!!  I had a look on their website The Treat Kitchen  to browse the sweets they sell. I was amazed how many they do sell, they also have an amazing selection of dietary sweets from sugar free, gluten free, to vegan, which is pretty amazing. It makes a change for a store to have something for everyone. They also sell cute little gifts and hampers not to mention they can be hired for wedding confectionery.

I'm really excited for one of their stores to be opening in my home town. You are all invited!! You'll get the chance to see me and many other lovely blogger babes not to mention the likeliness of free sweeties. The store is set to open early September in Meadowhall shopping centre, Sheffield. Keep an eye out on social media @thetreatkitchen as they will be announcing the details soon!

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think or if you will be going to the launch event! I'd love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins