Latest Instagrams
11 April 2016

Sheffiled Blogger Network Event






Hello lovelies,
First of all I apologise in advance about the rushed, briefness of this post but I am too excited right now not to get this out. Earlier last week I attended my first ever blogger event and it's safe to say it was amazing! I mean I mingled with blogger babes, drunk wine, won a cactus and acquired some very fancy tea.

I found out about the event last minute through facebook, amazingly enough it was in Sheffield. Being relatively new to blogging I have never had the pleasure to attend such an event and having one so close to home thankfully only gave me slight anxiety.

The event was held at the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield and me being me I arrived super early and ended up being one of the first there. The lovely Lucy from Lucy Locket Loves  and the mastermind behind organising the event approached me to let me know how the night was going to pan out. I was really surprised how welcoming and lovely everyone was. I filled out some forms about my blog and a name tag to wear during the night. Lucy said we had 10 minuets or so before the event began so we could head off to the bar if we liked. I somehow managed to mingle in with a group of girls who had the same idea as me - that idea was wine. They all have amazing blogs which I found out when I got home and had a little read which I think you should check out:



The event was really chilled, we all sat down (wine in hand) and had a little chat before the first talk which was by the lovely Sarah from S L Social  being new to blogging her words have been the biggest help so far. To coincide with her presentation she provided us all with a little planning printable in the goody bags which help bloggers to map out their target audience, create content plans and guidance on how to review what works and what doesn't. We also had a talk from Birdhouse Tea, its safe to say my tea knowledge went from 0 to 10 in the space of 15 minutes, the brand is super quirky in the way they offer a collection of tea which plays homage to the little unique things that make Sheffield, Sheffield. The tea I got in the goodie bag was called 'Peace Gardens' after the iconic peace gardens we have here in Sheffield.  

We all also got a gift card from Trib3 which is a gym with a super modern take on getting fit and I can't wait to use it. At the end of the night we all got a cheeky goodie bag with some really cool stuff not only that but I won one of the giveaway prizes for the best tweets. If you know me you know I love cactuses, what did I win? a cactus. All in all I am really proud I overcame my anxiety as I met some lovely people and had an amazing time. Even if I'm not a great blogger I still highly enjoy every aspect, which hopefully going to more blogger events.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Let me know if you would like me to review any of the goodie bag items. I'm also trying to discover more Sheffield based bloggers if you know of any or are one leave a comment! Happy blogging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins